The Perfect 4-Ingredient Paloma (Step-by-Step)
Perfect 4-Ingredient Paloma Recipe
I love a good cocktail - don't we all? I especially love a pretty, fancy-looking drink to serve my guests but I'm lazy, y'all, and don't want to take too much time or have a lot of cleanup when making drinks. That's why I adore this Paloma recipe. It's 4 ingredients, 5 minutes, and 1 heck of a beautiful and delicious drink. It's the perfect no-fuss cocktail for any soirée, bridal shower, ladies night, or celebratory drink. No time to waste, let's get to it!
Here's what you'll need:
- Tequila (I think El Jimador worked quite nicely)
- Grapefruit soda (I bought from Trader Joes)
- Lime (I used 1 lime per drink)
- Sparkling berry lemonade (the pinkish-red bottle also was bought from Trader Joes). Any pink or red sparkling soda with a light, fruity flavor would work fine.
First, you'll fill your shaker or mixing cup halfway with ice, then throw in your shot of tequila (1.25 oz).
Then, juice 1 lime (you can use a gizmo like this or just squeeze it straight into your mixer) and add to the ice & tequila.
Next, measure out 3 shot glasses (approximately 1 oz. each) of the grapefruit soda and add to the shaker.
Give it a healthy stir for about 5-10 seconds.
At this point, pour over your final serving (or drinking) glass filled with rocks.
From here, you can top off the drink with sparkling berry lemonade (or any like-substitute). Take a moment to appreciate the colorful ombre effect that happens for a second. It's so pretty! It should settle into a final rosy-pink color within a minute or so. Raise a glass to clink "cheers" with a friend and enjoy!
Printable recipe below:
- 1.25 oz. tequila
- 3 oz. Italian grapefruit soda
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. sparkling berry lemonade atop drink for finish
- Measure tequila, grapefruit soda, and freshly squeezed lime juice and add into shaker/mixing container pre-filled half-way with ice.
- Stir for 5-10 seconds.
- Place strainer on top of shaker and pour mixture into final drinking glass filled with ice and optional garnish.
- Splash approximately 1 oz. of the sparkling berry lemonade atop the drink for beautiful color and a bit of additional sweetness. Enjoy!
Interested in another easy celebratory cocktail that takes minutes to make but with bubbles? Check out the French 75 here.
*Notes - This is my easy take on the classic Paloma drink recipe.